1. week 1
  2. week 2
  3. week 3
  4. week 4
  5. week 5
  6. week 6
  7. week 7
  8. week 8
  9. week 9
  10. week 10
  11. week 11
  12. week 12
  13. week 13

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Autumn 2008

week 7: 10/29

Hey everyone, So you can all take a deep breath and relax a little bit this weekend. You got through the first big hurdle of the term in this class, and probably all your other classes too. You are halfway through the term. At the end we'll have a month off and can all have a well-deserved break.    But in the meantime, we still have quite a bit more to learn over the last seven weeks of this class: a little more about HTML, pretty much everything about CSS, and then how to really start thinking about putting them together to form well-designed and thoughtful layouts. Some of you have a little more to catch up on than others of you, so try not to forget everything you've learned this term over this weekend.    Regarding your recently submitted midterm projects: as you probably guessed, overall I am rather disappointed. If there were some confusion or difficulty in understanding the blog for the class, I would have appreciated a heads-up. I absolutely willing to correct my mistakes. The whole purpose for the blog is to give all of you a resource to use when not in class. This is after all a web-design class, so to me it seems the perfect occasion for us to make use of the web as a learning tool as well. If you do not use my blog EVERY WEEK, you really are going to be sorry at the end of the term. So, in the future, if you don't understand something, it really is your (and only your) responsibility to seek out clarification. And likewise, it is also MY JOB to help you when you request it. Make sure I do my job.    For those of you who want extra credit at the end of the term (although, I haven't yet decided how much extra credit), you may complete the midterm if you gave it to me incomplete; or, if you completed it, you can improve upon what you did. I wouldn't let working on that project get in the way of doing homework for the rest of the term, or learning the new stuff I will be presenting to you, but it is one way to make up some of the points that many of you have missed by not doing homework or by giving me an incomplete project. Completing final project is MUCH more important than working on the midterm for extra credit. You may give the new and improved version to me again anytime you are ready. Carter-

No comments:

Post a Comment